Saturday, June 16, 2012

day 98 - 06/16

i had a great night at madison hut last night. i met the first sobo thru hiker this year, so we exchanged lots of trail info. my morning started with a quick, steep climb up mt madison, where i took the first two pics. the first is of the town of gorham in some morning fog and the second is of mt washington from the east side and opposite of my hike up to the top. the third pic is of a simple spider's web just perfectly spun and catching the morning light in such a beautiful way that i had to share it. it's the little things in life . . . i was thinking today how grateful i am to be blessed with such amazing parents. they have both taught me so much. i owe my success in equal parts to my father's determination and will and my mother's patience and intuition. it was so great to see them and i am so thankful they are my parents. 20.9mi from madison hut to imp shelter. 1877.9 total.









- posted using blogpress from my iphone on the appalachian trail

No comments:

Post a Comment