Sunday, June 10, 2012

day 92 - 06/10

so i have been keeping an eye on the weather and i am attempting to time my climbs in the whites for the best weather. so today i did an easier day, stayed at a hostel in glencliff, nh, resupplied, and will hit the trail tomorrow for two big climbs, mousalauke and kinsman. mousalauke is almost 4000ft in elevation gain and i really love a big climb so i am looking forward to a great workout. just 14.8mi from hexacuba shelter to the hiker hostel in glencliff. 1785.5 total.
- posted using blogpress from my iphone on the appalachian trail

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim it sure was a treat to meet someone like you! Definitely an inspiration to me. I read your post from 2011 and you sounded just like me. Job, parents, knee problem (after pushing too much), and EGO. EGO has been actually a main subject in my life recently. It became the topic of a very eye opening discussion between me and a very wise Dutchman i met in the Camino... So i am now back in Maryland tending to my knee. I read parts of your more recent blogs and they speak really deep into me. The humbling and quiet soul searching communication that happens between oneself and nature is what i was looking forward to each time i walked. (Aside from getting to my destination and resting haha). Making my decision to come back and save my knee was tough and kept me sleepless that night. However I hope to come back again and see the beauty that is at those peaks. I can say "good luck" but what i would want someone to say to me is "find peace".

    ReplyDelete
  3. peace to you as well, my friend. it was great meeting you and i hope your knee is on the mend - tribhu

    ReplyDelete