Thursday, March 8, 2012

3 days and counting . . .

3 days and counting until i start my hike . . .

i leave on the morning of march 11th. the weather looks a little wet, but nice a balmy, which is really great for a florida boy!

i just saw my parents for the last time before i leave. can i just say that they are the best. i can tell they are both worried, but i could not ask for more supportive parents. i am so truly blessed!

i have my pack all set to go. i leave for atlanta in the afternoon, get picked up by the hiker hostel on saturday afternoon, and will start my hike on sunday morning.

my pack is a little heavy - weighing in at 30lbs with food and water, but i am sure i will weed-out the unnecessaries as i go . . .

i cannot not wait to go. i am a little sad to leave my family and friends, but i am more excited than anything.

i will try to post at every possible wifi hotspot, but i'm not promising anything. i tend to really love nature once i am in it, so i might temporarily forget about the blog. we will see how it goes.

thanks for the support to everyone! love ya all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment