Sunday, February 12, 2012

faced a fear . . .

i finally spoke to my parents today. if you have been following my blog - you will know this is the deadline i gave myself to tell them about my decision to thru hike the at.

all i can say is that they are as amazing as anyone could expect. i think they were actually shocked that i made such a big deal about it. they were more afraid that i was sick or something.

they were just so supportive. i could not ask for better parents - i really chose fittingly this time around (if this statement doesn't make sense to you, then we have differing root assumptions. i believe in reincarnation . . .).

this just goes to prove that sometime our fears are all made up in our own ego-minds. i was anticipating a negative reaction and they could not have been more supportive. i am glad i allowed my fears to move thru me so that i could reach out to them and be more of my authentic self . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment