Tuesday, March 27, 2012

day 13 - 3/23

last night was wet as predicted, but i was dry in my hammock. today was foggy, wet, and very windy. temp feels like it's in the low 40s. of course i hiked the 17mi. i can't believe i hiked the whole day in shorts and a tee shirt, cuz when i got to the shelter and sat down outside to make dinner it was frickin cold. i had almost all my layers on and i was still cold. there were times at the top of some peaks today where i was literally in the clouds. at one point my trekking poles were keeping me from being blown over. but i am snug in my sleeping bag as i write this, so i am happy as always. maybe i am just so happy to be out here in this beautiful nature that i don't notice things, but people have lots of complaints about backpack weight, the weather, their pains, etc. me, i just put on my backpack and hike. i just love it all. everything is an experience. sure i get sore and cold, but i still love it. don't tell anyone, but i must be wierd! 17mi from birch gap to derrick knob shelter. 186.7 total.

No comments:

Post a Comment