Monday, May 21, 2012

day 71 - 05/20

great day! i went by nuclear (no, it's not nuculer as according to the "great" gw bush) lake and had a very refreshing swim. there was an awesome family there who gave me some refreshments and trail mix. i hoofed it another 12mi so that i could get closer to the town of kent, ct where i need to resupply. i am anticipating quite a bit of rain tomorrow so i want to be closer to town to escape a little of the wetness. i had my first mouse attack last night - see the picture below. i stupidly, and carelessly, left my food bag in my backpack cuz i am not in bear country at the moment, there was no rain in the forecast, but i didn't think a mouse would climb up the tree my hammock was attached to and rummage thru my backpack. i am just glad i left my pack open so the little bugger didn't chew thru my backpack, which i have seen happen to other hikers on the trail. luckily, he only got to eat some of my zip lock bags (hehe, cue the evil laugh sound), so i hope he enjoys pooping some plastic today. lol. unexpectedly, no more ticks even after walking thru lots of fields with high grass, go figure. so still at 15. 25.6mi from rph to wiley shelter. 1448.5 total.

- posted using blogpress from my iphone on the appalachian trail

No comments:

Post a Comment