Thursday, May 17, 2012

day 67 - 05/16

i feel very well rested after my first zero day, albeit a little sluggish. today was another humbling day full of people's generosity and kindness. on my way to get my last starbucks frappachino in vernon (ya, i had three while i was there, hehe), a couple of high school kids offered me a ride to the trail on their way to school. then, when i got off the trail later in the day to get some awesome ice cream, a local guy showed where it was, then drove up when i was getting to the ice cream place to give me a large bottle of gatorade he had in his car. then, as i am sitting eating my ice cream, the first of two large ice creams, and mother and daughter offered me a ride into town to resupply. people are so amazing! great day of hiking too. lots of great ridgelines with views. the pic below is of my official crossing into ny after going back and forth from nj for the last two days. my 9th state! tick count is 12. 17.1mi from vernon, nj to wildcat shelter. 1368.0 total.

- posted using blogpress from my iphone on the appalachian trail

No comments:

Post a Comment