Saturday, April 21, 2012

day 37 - 04/16

so after so many awesome sites yesterday, i got to walk tinker cliffs this morning. the video above is of me walking part of the cliffs on the way to daleville. since i took a nearo yesterday i wasn't intending on taking another one, but alas, i'm taking another nearo! since my goal is to get to katahdin on july 7th, my daily average should be 18.5 to be on track. but since i will slow down in the nh and me, i have to bank some miles. i figure if i get up to an average of 22mi i will have banked enough. so, anything less than my running average is basically a nearo cuz it lowers my running average. but, i have been convinced to stay at the same hotel as a bunch of other thru hikers. i am actually really excited to buy me some epsom salts and just soak in the bath for a good 2 hours. when i got here to daleville i immediately went to the local outfitters. yes, it was time to retire my new balance trail runners. they gave me 800 solid miles, including my training miles, but i was feeling way too much of the trail in my feet. the picture below is of my trusty-dusty nb trail runners right before i threw them away. oh, and did i mention they were 100% made in the usa! i got a pair of vasque trail runners on sale, so we will see how they do. i also hung out at the coffee shop where i updated the blog thru day 36 and had some much anticipated coffee. i am off to dinner with some other thru hikers and then i will enjoy my bath. 15.3mi from campbell shelter to the hojos in daleville, va. 719.8 total.

No comments:

Post a Comment