Monday, April 16, 2012

day 32 - 4/11

it was very cold this morning. i really didn't want to get out of my sleeping bag and didn't for quite a while. the thing that got me going was knowing that i was going to meet my aunt and uncle in bland. i hiked with tommy lee and then got a ride into bland from a great old fella named levi long, who used to run a hiker hostel in bastian, the next town over from bland. i got to do some much needed "real" world schtuff on the computer in the library and then my aunt and uncle picked me up to go eat lunch. we had burgers, and two hot dogs and a bowl of chili extra for me, at a restaurant in the local citgo station. lol. they also gave me two pairs of awesomely comfy wool socks - one pair of which i currently have on my feet after having used them as mittens. ya, it's a little chilly. i had such a great visit and it was great to see familiar faces. everyone has been so supportive of my journey i can't express how appreciative i am of all the well wishes, enthusiasm, and sponsorship. oh, and i just passed mile 600 right before setting up camp. 28.6mi from laurel creek campsite to a little campsite along a stream just after dismal falls. 606mi total.

No comments:

Post a Comment