Saturday, July 7, 2012

day 111 - 06/29

so i sadly took off on my own today to do a huge day of hiking. it was very fitting cuz i started my hike on my own and it just feels right to finish it on my own. i made the climb over white cap mountain and caught my first glimpse of mt katadhin from 80 miles away. it seems strange to look upon it and know i will summit it in only two days. yes - i will hike almost 80 miles in the next three days. the pic is from the top of white cap. you can just make out the sillouette of mt katadhin way in the distance, jutting up out of the flatness that must have been a glacial lake at one point in time. i cruised along all day and made it 30 miles at 16:00 where i suddenly felt very ill. i am not sure what it was, but i swear i thought my hike was over for what seemed to be a very long, agonizing 5 minutes. i just sat and breathed in deeply the beautiful fresh air and then went on my way again. i still can't believe how far i hiked today . . . 40.4mi from newhall to wadleigh stream lean-to. 2146.0 total.




No comments:

Post a Comment