Wednesday, January 11, 2012

confronting a fear . . .

so in getting closer to the date i am feeling more and more pressure to confront that which is probably my biggest fear - telling my parents of my decision. i don't know why i am so anxious about telling them - they have been so overwhelmingly supportive my whole life and especially since my humanitarian mission this past year. i guess i just don't want to disappoint them by somehow not being the son they want or expect.

like i posted before, i really have no reason to fear this - they have always told me that my happiness is the most important thing. i just have to suck it up and talk to them!

on a related note, i previously posted that one of the clues i pay attention to that alerts me as to whether or not i am on the correct path is if things are flowing smoothly with little resistance - and they so are. gear has been easy to obtain at discounted rates and it just so works out that my best friend is going to atlanta twice in march. from atlanta i can then make a reservation with the hiker hostel (link will be posted soon) to pick me up north of atlanta, provide a night's stay, breakfast in the morning, and then transport to springer mountain on the next day.

it's amazing how when you follow your heart and soul all seems to just flow and work out.

now i have to decide if i want to leave march 9th or march 29th. in other words, still winter or beginning of spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment